Struggling To Keep Your Outdoor Kitchen Pest-Free In Englewood?
December 30, 2022 - Outdoor Kitchen
If you are making dinner for your family or guests in your outdoor kitchen, the last thing you want to deal with is pests. While there are many benefits to having an outdoor kitchen, the main drawback is the common problem of unwanted pests. Animals are drawn to food, and outdoor kitchens are even easier to access than your traditional kitchen. So what should you do if you're dealing with a pest infestation in your outdoor kitchen? Call the Englewood pest control professionals to help you get back to all fun and games immediately.
Where Can Pests Hide In Your Outdoor Kitchen
Pests love outdoor kitchens because they can provide the three essential things they need to live: shelter, water, and food. The appliances and furniture create perfect sites for pests of all kinds to seek sustenance and shelter. The moisture and abundance of food and the warmth created by cooking appliances help make pests feel right at home in your outdoor kitchen.
Additionally, trash and cluttered outdoor cabinets serve as an ideal nesting site for rodents and other pests. They also often have refrigerated appliances that cause moisture to accumulate, inviting more pests to the area. Finally, keeping the kitchen clean may sound basic, but it makes a big difference. It's essential to have environmentally safe cleaners to take care of spills and clean up the countertops and appliances after use. Make sure everything is sealed and cleaned thoroughly so unwanted pests are not interested in your outdoor kitchen areas. Give everything a good wipe-down to remove as much of that tempting food odor as possible. If the animals can't smell food, they're less likely to poke around.
Tips To Clean Your Outdoor Kitchen Thoroughly
Homeowners love spending time on the patio cooking with family or entertaining guests. The last thing you want to deal with is unwanted pests because you left your outdoor kitchen uncleaned. These kitchens have constant exposure to the outdoors, which can create challenges in keeping them clean. Some tips to keep your outdoor kitchen maintained and clean include:
- Clean up immediately after cooking
- Protect your countertops by dealing wiping them down
- Clean your grill regularly
- Keep your grill covered
- Cover your furniture
- Protect your space from yard debris
- Use caution when power washing
- Disconnect utilities when not in use
- Store all food indoors
These tips will help prevent pesky pests from tampering with your outdoor fun.
Ways To Combat Pests Around Your Outdoor Kitchen
When dealing with pests in your outdoor kitchen, you'll want to identify what's attracting the pests. Typically, it's one of the following things:
- Food: Take care of leftovers, clean up after outdoor meals, and keep all trash cans covered with tightly sealed lids.
- Water: Eliminate all excess water by maintaining drainage, emptying rainwater that collects, and fixing leaks.
- Shelter: Minimize areas that attract pests seeking shelter or climate control. Remove debris and brush piles from your yard, maintain landscaping and replace water-damaged and rotting wood.
- Light: Many insects, including moths, are drawn to outdoor lighting. You can minimize this effect by using sodium or yellow vapor bulbs.
By attempting to limit the factors attracting pests, you can lessen your chances of dealing with a pest infestation in your outdoor kitchen.
Outdoor Kitchen Pest Control Services In Englewood
If you're ready for a hand in taking back your outdoor kitchen, Bugs & Beyond, LLC, is prepared to help. We provide a full range of home pest control services, including inspection, quality treatments, and consistent follow-up. Call today to find out more or to schedule your first service.