Are You Tired Of Pests Taking Over Your Englewood Patio?
October 15, 2022 - Pest Control
Nothing can ruin time on your patio like unwelcome pests that just won't go away. If you are looking for ways to control pests on your Florida patio, pest control in Englewood can help. In some ways, outdoor pests can be even more of a nuisance than those that make their way inside because there are no walls or screens to keep them out. But don't lose hope! The professionals from Bugs & Beyond, LLC can help you combat pests both inside your home and out.
Common Patio Pests In Englewood
There are a variety of pests that frequent Englewood patios, including:
- Ants: Ants are everywhere, both indoors and out. They contaminate food, become a nuisance, and some will even cause property damage.
- Cockroaches: Cockroaches spread disease and trigger allergies and asthma symptoms. Some species are more likely to seek refuge inside your home, while others prefer to remain outside.
- Millipedes and Centipedes: While they don't pose much of a danger to people, these pests can be startling and unwelcome visitors.
- Flies: Flies are a dangerous nuisance. They carry disease, contaminate food, and breed quickly, so infestations can easily get out of hand.
- Iguanas: Large and unsettling, iguanas are pushy pests that spread salmonella.
- Moths: Moths can easily go from a delicate wonder to a major nuisance as their numbers grow.
- Mosquitoes: Another obnoxious pest; while they are known for their annoyance, mosquitoes also spread dangerous diseases.
- Spiders: An infestation of spiders is the last thing you want on your outdoor patio.
None of these pests are welcome when it comes to spending time outdoors, so it's worth finding a way to keep them off your patio.
What To Do If You Are Struggling With An Infestation On Your Patio
If you're struggling with an infestation on your patio, the first thing to do is figure out what's attracting pests. Generally, it's one of four things:
- Food: Limit the food that attracts area pests by taking care of leftovers, cleaning up after outdoor meals, and keeping trash cans covered with tight-fitting lids.
- Water: Eliminate excess water by fixing leaks, maintaining drainage, and emptying rainwater that collects.
- Shelter: Some pests are simply drawn to our homes in search of shelter or climate control. Minimize areas that will attract them by removing brush piles and debris from your yard, replacing rotting or water-damaged wood, and maintaining landscaping.
- Light: Moths and other insects are often drawn to outdoor lighting. You can minimize this effect by using yellow or sodium vapor bulbs.
By minimizing the factors that attract pests, you can lessen the chances of a pest infestation on your Englewood patio.
Deterring Pests From Your Patio The Easy Way
At Bugs & Beyond, LLC, we understand that some property owners are committed to handing pest infestations on their own, but that doesn't mean you need to do it the hard way! Our home pest control team can offer expert advice on DIY pest control solutions and guide you in making a treatment plan based on your needs saving you time and money and ensuring your success.
Take Back Your Patio With The Help Of Bugs & Beyond, LLC
If you're ready for a hand in taking back your patio Bugs & Beyond, LLC, is ready to help you too. We provide a full range of home pest control services, including inspection, quality treatments, and consistent follow-up. Call today to find out more or to schedule your first service.