Are You Struggling To Keep Your Englewood Patio Bug-Free?
September 15, 2022 - Pest Control
The warm and humid climate in Englewood creates a hospitable environment for a host of undesirable pests. Many of the critters that venture onto properties are preyed on by spiders, which can make spending time near your pool, patio, or deck much less enjoyable.
Are you a local property owner that is struggling with outdoor home pest control problems? An Englewood pest control company will effectively provide home and garden pest control solutions that are both safe and effective.
Do Bug Zappers Help With Patio Pests?
Are bug zapper devices an effective means of pest control for your home? Bug zappers often produce mediocre results and are primarily effective against types of flying insects. While the devices sometimes will reduce the mosquito population, they often eliminate harmless or beneficial creatures. In addition, the air around the device often contains high levels of insect parts that may contain harmful germs and allergens.
What Kind Of Insects Can Be Attracted To Patio Space?
Based on the warm regional climate, many insects and spiders in this region can remain a year-round problem. Among the most common patio pests include the following:
- Ants: Among the most common pests found throughout this region are ants, which form massive colonies with hundreds or thousands of others. Some of the most prevalent species include pharaoh ants, Argentine ants, carpenter ants, and native fire ants.
- Cockroaches: Among the most resilient pests that property owners may encounter are cockroaches, which have existed throughout recorded history. As omnivorous scavengers, cockroaches will make themselves at home in most indoor and outdoor environments and may carry diseases and trigger allergic reactions.
- Wolf spiders: The wolf spider can reach lengths of up to 1 3/8 inches long and appears in shades of brown—often with yellowish markings. Although wolf spiders might bite humans, instances are rare and generally pose minimal health risks.
- Fishing spiders: Often appearing in brown or grey, fishing spiders may resemble wolf spiders. A fishing spider can deliver a painful bite similar to a bee sting, which is unlikely to result in harsh symptoms.
- Black widow spiders: Among the most feared species, black widows can bite and inject venom that poses legitimate human health risks. The black widow has a distinctive appearance with a shiny, black body and a red or orange “hourglass-shaped” marking.
Patio areas are among the most common sites where you may encounter pests; therefore, property owners should promptly contact a local professional pest control company when these problems develop.
Standing Water Could Be Attracting The Bugs
Pools of water and excessive humidity are common concerns that attract pests that require residential pest control services. For example, female mosquitoes lay their eggs in pools of water. Mosquitoes pose risks to human health and also will likely attract hungry spiders. Remove objects from yard areas that may hold standing water, such as tarps, buckets, and kiddie pools.
Let The Professionals Handle Patio Pest Control In Englewood
Bugs & Beyond, LLC is a family-owned and operated provider of effective solutions for property owners facing difficulties with pests, particularly in areas including patios, pools, and lanais. We also provide pressure washing and screen repair services to keep your patio in pristine condition. We now offer year-round property protection plans that involve visits from our trained specialists. Our company is also committed to safety and has some organic treatment options available.
When you contact our team, we will deploy a technician who will perform a detailed property inspection to understand the extent of the problem. During the initial visit, we often identify existing property conditions that might be attracting pests. Contact our office today for assistance.